The Project Overview is the central location all information and documents for the service you’re providing are stored. You’ll find any email communication, documents, files, time logs, to-do tasks, and more in one convenient place.
This Project Overview page is for internal view only. Your customers can view documents and other information within their secure Client Portal.
Below, each potential element you can include within your Project is numbered, and additional details are provided below:
1. Client Portal Toolbar: This is where your customers can access any sent Quote, Contract, Invoice, or Questionnaire. They'll be able to view and complete documents, view events, and update their contact information. To learn more about how to get started and update the Client Portal, please click here.
2. What's Coming Up in the Next 7 Days: This section will only appear if you have an event, To-Do task, or Workflow item due within a week. Any events that are farther than seven days out will be viewable under the Events tab at the bottom of the Project's page.
3. Important Documents: This is where you will find your Questionnaires, Contracts, Invoices, and Quotes related to the project. Only 17hats created documents and emails will appear here, not uploaded materials. Use the Files tab to upload and view any outside documents like PDFs or jpegs,.
4. Tabs: At the bottom of the project screen, you will see tabs for Notes, Emails, Files, To-do's, Events, Phone Log, Time Log, and the Activity Log.
Click on each Tab to view the previously entered data, and click the + button at the top of the Tab to add more information.
5. Project Information: This is where details for the service or project are displayed. By default, the Project Title, Primary Email, Project Date, Phone Number, Contact Type, and assigned Calendar will appear within the details. As you enter further information, additional fields will appear.
You can edit the project details at any time by clicking the "Edit" button on the top right of the page and selecting the "Edit Project" option.
6. Workflows: This section shows any Workflow assigned to your project. A progress bar will give you an overview of where your customer is at within the process and you can easily activate other workflows using the + button.
By clicking on the title of the Workflow, you'll be able to view, edit, and delete steps only for this activated Workflow. This will not affect the Template of the Workflow.
7. Finances Up To Date: This is where you will have a mini- Profit and Loss Breakdown specific to the contacts Project. Any expenses assigned to this Project in Bookkeeping will appear here, along with payments/income.
8. Related Contacts: Related Contacts allow you to work with more than one person for a specific project. For example, you may need to communicate with both the Bride and Groom of a wedding event. Adding these additional parties as Related Contacts allows you to send documents and emails and add them as a signee on Contracts. To learn more about Related Contacts, please click here.
Now that you’re familiar with what the Project Overview page includes, it’s time to send your first document or email.
Other questions? Reach out to our Business Support Team via Live Chat or Email Monday through Friday 7am-4pm PST.