When connected to either Stripe or Square for payment processing, you may give your clients the option to save their card data when paying a 17hats Invoice.
Once the credit card data is saved, they will be able to easily use the saved data when paying further 17hats Invoices.
Turn On 'Save Card Data' For Your Brand
- Within Account Settings, navigate to Money Matters: Invoice Options.
- Ensure you are connected to Stripe or Square as your payment processor.
- Click 'Edit Invoice Options.'
- Next to Card Settings, select the checkbox next to 'Customers can save card data.'
- Click Save.
Client Experience Saving Card Data
Now that you have successfully turned the setting on let's take a look at what your clients will see.
- When paying an Invoice, your clients will be presented with an option to Save Card for future use.
2. Once they select the box and process the payment, their card information will be saved with your payment provider. 17hats DOES NOT store credit card information.
3. When your client is sent a new invoice, they will be able to use that same data for quick and easy processing. By selecting the credit card on file and clicking "Pay Invoice," their payment is completed as simple as that!
Q: Can my client delete the card on file?
A: Yes. Clicking the trashcan icon next to credit card details (see screenshot above) will delete the card data.
Q: Can my client add more than one card?
A: Yes. Clients can add multiple cards to be saved. From the screenshot above, click Credit Card and type in the new information. And select the option to save card data.
Q: Does 17hats store the card data?
A: No. The card data is stored with your payment processor: Stripe or Square.